Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012

MDMA




Hello guys. Summer is over. Today I am going to talk about the Spanish young people favourite drug. It is called “crystal” or “MDMA” . This drug is characterized for its affective effects as well as euphoria, happiness and and joy. Besides all that, there is a lack of tiredness during its effects, which last around six hours. Due to its affective effects this drug was named “love drug” . People who consume this drug fancy to say “I love you” to whoever is around; friends, partner, or even the club’s bouncer. This drug also increases sexual desire, which means crystal consumers have a high chance of having intercourse during MDMA effects. In addition, another effect is such consumers feel really confident and do not appreciate risks at all. It means they probably will engage in high-risks behaviours such as having sex without condon. MDMA is usually sold in powder. It also can be sold in pills but people prefer in powder because there is more purity, around 85 %. One gram costs 60 euros and it is possible to make around ten doses with it. The short-term risks of this drug are heat wave, tachycardia, arrhythmia, dehydration and overdose. The long-term risks are related to anxiety attacks, depression and psychotic disorders. All of them will develop memory problems, humour changes, and hallucinations. Why Spanish young people take this serious drug? I have interviewed a consumer who didn’t want to say his name so I will call him Nicolas. Nicolas told me he takes MDMA every weekend as he goes parties with his friends.

“the rush is amazing. You feel really well. It is the funniest drug. As I take MDMA I feel confident and talk to many people so I make a lot of friends. I spend many hours dancing, smiling, laughing… I really like the pleasure feeling that this drug gives me. The hangover is less hard than alcohol. I use to have headache on Sundays but the worst thing takes place on Monday. Then is when effects really end. At that time I feel depression. I am with very bad temper and do not want to talk to any colleague in my workplace. My sensitivity is really down and sometimes I spend long time crying. My girlfried refuses to meet me such days. I have had some hallucinations from time to time. The point is to control yourself, be quiet and say to yourself it is not happening. It is not real. One day my hallucination was very scary. I saw a snake at my bedroom while sleeping. I was able to avoid get into panic telling to myself it was just a hallucination. I don’t think I could dye with this drug. I don’t want to kill myself. I am able to control this drug. I only seek having fun at weekends with my friends”.

There are not high cases of death concerning this drug. However there are many cases related to menthal problems, depression and schizophrenia. After interviewing Nicolas I found out he didn’t know the real risks. Once more, the problem resides in some people are not enquired. They have the Internet, which can become a good resourse to get enquired. However they prefer using the Internet to chat on facebook, twitter, messenger or Skype. I have just watched a very interesting video on youtube about this drug. It is called “the most dangerous drug” . And I also put up a video about Spanish people with MDMA effects one single Saturday night. I would urge you to watch both videos and send a comment telling your view about this topic. See you !!!!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment